A new governance structure for the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) was introduced in April 2015 to comply with the Public Service Pensions Act 2013 and included the requirement for administering authorities to establish local pension boards.
Derbyshire Pension Board consists of 2 scheme member representatives and 2 scheme employer representatives together with a non-voting independent chair.
- Karen Gurney
- Nick Read (trade union nomination)
- Oliver Fishburn (Bolsover District Council and North East Derbyshire District Council)
- Neil Calvert (The Northworthy Trust and the University of Derby)
The board meets 4 times a year and its role is to assist the administering authority to ensure the effective and efficient governance and administration of the LGPS, including:
- securing compliance with the LGPS regulations and any other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the scheme
- securing compliance with any requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator in relation to the scheme
Officers of the council attend pension board meetings to provide advice and support.
The latest Derbyshire Pension Board annual report is attached to this page.
Contacting the board
Should you have any queries relating to the Pension Board or would like a matter discussed at their next meeting, please email: email@example.com
Please note that Derbyshire Pension Board are not able to discuss personal matters, individual cases or grievances. However, all matters concerning the governance of the fund and its policies with regard to investments and administration, are welcome.
Find out how you can submit an individual complaint or grievance.
Links to useful documents